In this webinar, our expert trainers will teach you how to take your storytelling chops to the next level—for both 140 characters and a 40-minute speech—and, ultimately, how to become the most polished writer in the room.
Great writing is one of the most critical skills in the communications world—without it, there would be no public relations. Yet, few of us are born with a Shakespearian capacity for language, and even seasoned pros know that no matter how good of a writer you are, you can always be better.
What you'll learn:
- How to get rid of repetitive language, redundant pairs, unnecessary words and excess characters
- Avoid the passive voice and use the active voice as much as possible
- Improve the flow and readability of your text through different proofreading techniques
- Identify and avoid common grammar mistakes such as misuse of dashes, semicolons and commonly confused words
- Craft and test social media copy to make sure it aligns with your brand’s tone and voice
- Choose and adhere to a style guide such as AP Style or The Chicago Manual of Style
- Craft email pitches that will grab a journalist’s attention
- Write press releases that even the most overworked journalist will pick up
- Make it as easy as possible for media to run with your story
- Put storytelling concepts ahead of internal marketing dictates, clichés and jargon