You have a story you know would be sexy to the top journalists, bloggers and influencers important to your target audience. But how do you make your idea stand out in the bottomless pit of an email inbox or the never-ending stream of social media? Join PR News on October 11 as we go over real-world case studies and best practices for writing effective pitches on email and social media to elevate your content out of the spam folder and above the crowd. We’ll discuss how to use rich media to break through the clutter, as well as how to personalize pitches to come off as genuine and position yourself as a resource to skeptical scribes.
What you'll learn:
- Write the best emails and catchy subject lines most likely to get noticed, and the best and worst times to send them
- Use video and images to boost sharing and coverage potential
- Format rich media to minimize the risk of sending your email to spam
- Source newsworthy infographics, charts and visual representations of data for press releases and pitches
- Build trust with journalists—and steps to take if you inadvertently burn bridges
- Decide if and when to offer a reporter an exclusive story