When your email lands in a journalist’s inbox, does she recognize your name? Or are you just part of the daily flood of indiscriminate pitches?
Join PRNEWS on June 27 to hear from some of the top minds in media relations on how to combine social media and email to build mutually productive relationships with journalists.
Reporters are individuals in the extreme, so while some will love social media, others are committed to working over email exclusively. Whichever communication method resonates with a journalist, the work starts long before sending a pitch.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to use social media to follow, engage and learn about a reporter’s coverage area
- Which email formats and subject lines are most likely to get noticed, and the best and worst times to send them
- The art of identifying the right journalists for your industry on sites like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- What to include in emails so reporters have everything they need in one place
- How to be a resource for journalists even when they’re not writing about your organization
- How and when to provide images, infographics and other multimedia on email and social media
- The power of excellent research, data and quantitative information in media relations
- The art of the appropriately-timed follow-up and when it’s necessary to move to the next individual
- How to pitch effectively to data-inspired journalists